Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Twas the day after Christmas...Journal Entry




Twas the day after Christmas and all through the house, all was quiet and sweet and filled with the warmth of love. Kitty sitting on the red couch. Tea in our cups and and red green and gold lights twinkling. And I am sure, pumpkin pie for breakfast! The ocean is roaring and the light is returning. I think one or two minutes has been given us by the Sun as of this moment.

Well this year, we spent the Holy-Days just me and my husband Isaiah. We did things that are hard to do otherwise, like work on our wedding photo album (from 13years ago! - we have little ones but I want a big fancy one) and Isaiah made me six curtains for my gift - they go in my studio. They are light pink, hot pink, pale green and bright yellow - victorian parisian. And I painted on a Jesus Icon with milagros all over the edge,and then I sat by the fire an drew new images for the next edition of Heart of the Visionary. Isaiah made dinner on Christmas, and I made it on Christmas Eve. And Isiah played guitar while I read out loud from the Bible. Our nativity is up all year around, but we lit red candles around them.

This is our first year of rebelling from over gifting and over spending and - even being with family. It isn't that we didn't want to be with them, we missed them so much - but we wanted to create days that honor what the spirit of Christ-Mas is about for US. On Christmas Eve we visited a Mary grotto on Harold Street that was just installed - with rock all around, with water flowing down around her into the pool of water, with roses everywhere. Then we prayed in the Catholic church for ourselves, our family and everyone. We drove all over our town and into the woods and over the hills because Isaiah is a real estate agent now (I call him special agent) and we are getting to know this coastal beauty. The gorgeousness of this place is astounding, and I am grateful to live here.

I got to talk to a few of my beloved Cosmic Cowgirl sistas and make plans for when we will get together, we have the Workshop in January, and then the Cosmic Cowgirls Conference in March. Due to an overwhelming request, we have decided to make day one of the workshop visionary painting...the changes are coming faster and faster these days...and we have scheduled a new paining weekend in Mendocino!

I hope that this day, for all who are returning to work, including me, is blessed. That all feel peace and comfort. That all have experienced gratitude and hope.
http://www.wisdomhousecatalog.com

No comments: